The SWAN Impact Network provides funding for impact startup companies. And SWAN has a passion for doing good. Doing good for society. And going good for founders by being a responsive, transparent and helpful partner.
Next Application Deadline
The deadline for applying for our 2nd quarter 2021 funding cycle is the end of the day on Thursday, April 8th. You may sign up for our Email Newsletter to receive updates on future funding cycles. And you can see all of the 2021 application deadlines in the Calendar.
How to Apply for Funding for Your Impact Startup
A good way to start your application is to download Insights on raising funds at SWAN.
To apply, please email the three forms listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org. And then use the Google Form to alert us to look for your email. We hate it when spam filters hide applications!
- Application Form 2021-01-13 – in Word or pdf format
- Pitch Deck – in Power Point or pdf format – For requested content, see Investor-Presentation-Outline-2020-08-25
- Proforma Financial Model – in Excel or pdf format – For requested content, see example-P-and-L 2020-04-24
Our Application Review Process
We provide funding for impact startup companies on a quarterly cycle, following the procedure below.
- Down-selection: Based upon the submitted applications, we select 6 to 8 companies to present via zoom. The zoom calls include 15 minutes to present followed by 75 minutes of Q&A.
- Pitch event: We select three companies to present at our Quarterly Pitch Events. Your company will be given 15 minutes to pitch followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Deal Memo Development: After the pitch event, companies may be invited to enter into a detailed due diligence/deal memo step. When the deal memo is complete, it is circulated to all of our angels who then make individual investment decisions.
You can see the quarterly schedule for each of these steps in the Calendar.
More Information Regarding Applying for Impact Funding
- We do not accept files which are viewable only online. We need to download them to make them available to all of our angels
- We do not accept any material containing Confidential or Proprietary legends.
- Companies may apply twice within any twelve-month period.
- There is no charge to apply for funding.
- If you are reapplying, please use the current version of our forms.
- Our network does not accept applications through Gust or ProSeeder.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
What Founders are saying …
AmyLooper, Co-founder of OneSeventeen Media
“The angels came to the table sharing and supporting our passion to help kids thrive.”