Webinar: Revamped IRS Rules-Changing the Path to Startup Profitability
December 6 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
Join us on December 6, 2023, at 12:00 pm CST for “Revamped IRS Rules: Changing the Path to Startup Profitability” presented by SWAN sponsor and Atchley & Associates Partner, Melinda Oster, CPA. This informative webinar delves into the intricacies of the “new” IRS Section 174 capitalization rules. Under those rules, a portion of R&D expenses cannot be expensed in the year when they are incurred. Rather, current-year R&D expenses get spread out over several years, including years when early revenue might have resulted in a positive net income.
Stay up-to-date with the latest tax regulations and explore how IRS Section 174 can impact your bottom line, whether you’re a business owner, investor, or simply interested in tax law changes.
Included in the discussion will be:
- Understanding the motivations behind Section 174’s adoption.
- A breakdown of the key provisions of IRS Section 174, including eligible expenses, qualifying activities, and their tax implications.
- Best practices and strategies to ensure compliance with IRS Section 174 while maximizing your tax benefits.
- Examples showcasing the tangible benefits and potential pitfalls associated with IRS Section 174.
- Time for Q&A with our presenter
Reserve your spot today and leave the webinar with a better understanding of how these rules apply to your unique circumstances.
This complimentary webinar is open to all.