Why Become an Angel? The answer can be as simple as just one of the following:
You like the potential for making a financial return while also giving-back.
You enjoy meeting and helping young companies, hearing about their plans and letting them benefit from your experience.
You enjoy connecting socially with like-minded investors.
You would enjoy being in an angel network that is not just about technology. Most of our companies employ technology, but their missions are driven by a desire to address significant societal challenges.
You are looking for a sustainable, giving-back approach, which is different from responding to annual donation requests.
Take a Test Drive
If you are an accredited investor and would like to take an no-obligation test drive by attending one of our quarterly evening pitch events, please contact Bob Bridge, Executive Director, at bob.bridge@SWANImpact.org or (512) 658-2240.
Southwest Angel Network members:
- Can help early-stage companies mature their plans and get ready to apply to the Southwest Angel Network
- Are encouraged to take an active role in vetting companies prior to formal pitch programs and to assist in due diligence
- Are encouraged to mentor companies in which they have invested
- Make an annual donation of $2,000 to the network, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Consider making two $25,000 investment per year. Investments are an expectation and not a contractual obligation.
- Can help by recruiting two of like-minded friends to become angel members
- All investment decisions are made by individual investors.
- In the United States, for an individual to be considered an accredited investor, they must have a net worth of at least one million US dollars, excluding the value of their primary residence or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 together with their spouse if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year.
- Existing angels in our network who recruit a new angel will get a $1,000 credit toward a future renewal.
- The Southwest Angel Network is a member of the Angel Capital Association.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
We respect your privacy. Your information will not be shared with others.