Resources for Investors
A fantastic educational resource for new angel investors can be found on the ACA website.
The following are some resources for investors who like to consider social-impact investing.
- Alternatives for Giving Back, a PowerPoint presentation that discusses various options for giving back (non-profit gifts, for-profit investments) and the the trade-offs of each approach
- Impact Investing White Paper from the Rockefeller Philanthropy organization
- A Practical Guide to Impact Investing is a resource for family offices.
- Neeraj Aggarwal, a friend of Southwest Angel Network and Program Officer for Mission Investing at the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, wrote an interesting blog, The Philanthropic Value of Impact Investing, which addresses how for-profit social impact teams can nimbly react to the marketplace.
- Joe Milam has written an interesting blog, “Well Healed and Well Intended” on purpose-driven investing.
- Tax regulations that provide benefits to early stage investors
- Year-end tax considerations for angels
- An article describing that Impact Investments by millennials are growing rapidly
- A friend of the network, Steve McKee, shared an article from the Stanford Social Impact Review on the Three Buckets of Money available to social entrepreneurs
- An interesting Fortune magazine article, How ‘Impact Investing’ Can Put a Profitable Spin on Charity
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
We respect your privacy. Your information will not be shared with others.