Resources for Investors
A fantastic educational resource for new angel investors can be found on the ACA website.
The following are some resources for investors who like to consider social-impact investing.
- Alternatives for Giving Back, a PowerPoint presentation that discusses various options for giving back (non-profit gifts, for-profit investments) and the the trade-offs of each approach
- Impact Investing White Paper from the Rockefeller Philanthropy organization
- A Practical Guide to Impact Investing is a resource for family offices.
- Neeraj Aggarwal, a friend of Southwest Angel Network and Program Officer for Mission Investing at the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, wrote an interesting blog, The Philanthropic Value of Impact Investing, which addresses how for-profit social impact teams can nimbly react to the marketplace.
- Joe Milam has written an interesting blog, “Well Healed and Well Intended” on purpose-driven investing.
- Tax regulations that provide benefits to early stage investors
- Year-end tax considerations for angels
- An article describing that Impact Investments by millennials are growing rapidly
- A friend of the network, Steve McKee, shared an article from the Stanford Social Impact Review on the Three Buckets of Money available to social entrepreneurs
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
We respect your privacy. Your information will not be shared with others.