If your company would like to be mentored, we would like to hear from you. The Southwest Angel Network will introduce you to local support organizations, or selectively, may be able to mentor your venture directly.
Austin has great resources for entrepreneurs who are interested in creating a social impact start-up, including:
- The Austin Rice Alliance Entrepreneur Workshop covers the basics of starting a venture in a ten week class and is open to the entire community (no Rice University affiliation is required) . This class is taught in conjunction with the Austin Technology Incubator and other organizations.
- Tech Ranch provides both the Venture Start and the Venture Forth Programs for CEOs of early stage start-up ventures
- UnLtd runs an accelerator for social impact companies
- Impact Lab has a program for social impact companies in the K-12 education space
- TarmacTX runs an accelerator program for social-impact companies built around technology